Good afternoon bloggers.

Today I was creating my own profile on my own selection of a bug. I choose….. A Hercules Beetle. I had to write down their name, habitat, diet, and all that stuff. What I felt was the most fun was I actually learned about them in school, so I knew most of their lifecycle.  Next time I think I could use scientific words to describe an animal. What bug is your favorite?

Enjoy

2 thoughts on “Bug of the Year🪲

1. Kia ora Sophia,

It’s Charlotte here, a Summer Learning Journey Blog Commenter. Well done giving the ‘Bug of the Year’ activity a go! How did you find this activity? I thought it was lots of fun!

I actually hadn’t heard of the Hercules Beetle, so I can definitely say that I have learnt something today (thank you for that!). I wonder how they got that name, have you heard the Hercules legend before?

In answer to your question: I hadn’t actually thought about that before. Now after a bit of thought, I would have to say that ladybugs are my favourite bugs. I own lots of indoor plants and sometimes they can get attacked by bad little bugs, ladybugs can help with this! They eat the bad bugs, helping the indoor plants thrive! What is your favourite bug?

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

1. Hi Charlotte.
      The activity was really interesting and fun and I learnt alot more about this bug. Hercules beetles are actually my favourite bug.
      Thanks Sophia