Kia ora bloggers

Today I had to play a beautiful song composed by Beethoven.

I used this special app and had to play the Ode to Joy song on a violin. You had to move your mouse from side to side which was a bit tiring. I think I did ok with it some bits were played too slow or fast, but I think I did well for the first time. Being a musical instrument player I knew a lot about Beethoven. ( I play piano) Here are some facts. For the last decade of his life, Beethoven was almost deaf and could not hear his music. Beethoven was inspired and looked up to Mozart, but sadly never met him. Beethoven died at the age of  56 around 1770- 1827.  Beethoven’s final words were thought to be applaud friends, the comedy ended in Latin but was actually pity pity to late. Beethoven was unlucky in love and never married so he had no children.

Thanks Sophia

Click for Ode to Joy

3 thoughts on “Ode to joy

1. Hi Sophia,
    Its Xanthe here. I didn’t know much about Beethoven before this. I really enjoyed reading about Ode to Joy and what his life was like. I would love to see you play it.
    Bye, from Xanthe.

2. Mōrena Xanthe,

This is such a fun activity, I love music and seeing people have a go at orchestrating their own music. I loved Groove Pizza and this looks to be another amazing music creation app, I might have to try this out with my students next year!!

I think your song sounds amazing and I must agree that it sounds quite operatic. You must have a good ear for music and some astounding knowledge by the sound of it. Beethoven is an incredible composer and it sounds like he is a musical idol of yours! Do you know any of his songs on piano?

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ